Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My nail polish routine

I am a bit of a nail polish junkie, and thanks to blogs like All Lacquered Up, I get to see the latest polish trends and how they actually look.

For me, leaving the house with bare nails is liken to forgetting to wear pants. It's just not right. I switch my polish about 2-3 times a week, and am willing to drop $25 on the latest Chanel shade. I know, completely insane. But it's much more affordable than dropping hundreds on the latest bag!

Here is my routine:

First and foremost, always keep your hands and nails moisturized! I use Burts Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream every night before bed, and lather it on the whole nail even when you already have polish on. I use Kiehl's Intensive Treatment and Moisturizer on my hands.

Once I have removed my previous polish (I just use a drugstore brand for remover, I don't find much difference between them). I use Sephora's 4 Step Buffer on all of my nails, using all 4 steps. Also, if you arent a polish buff, this little Buffer leaves your nails super shiny and smooth for nude nails!

Next, I paint on 1 layer of OPI's Natural Base Coat. I wait about 2-3 minutes for this to dry.

Time for the first layer of polish, I find starting in the middle of the nail and then two smaller swipes on the side gives the best coverage. I then wait 2-3 minutes and apply the second coat. When applying the second coat, try and swipe the brush around the top of the nail, this helps prevent chipping.

After another wait of about 2 minutes, I apply Seche Vite Top Coat. This is by far the best top coat I've ever used, and it dries really quickly.

The final step, about 1-2 minutes after applying Seche Vite, I use OPI's Drip Dry Drops on each nail. This stuff is a thing of miracles! Normally, I am sitting around for 30 minutes waiting for my nails to dry, and this has my nails touchable within 5!

The end. :) (Pictures coming! I'm still deciding which polish to choose!)

No comments: